Tired of waiting for your windows 11 to finish its updating procedure? Well here are the top 5 ways how to stop Windows 11 update.
Windows 11 came out with a new user interface which has changed the look of windows after a long time. I believe it’s a good change and the new operating system has got a nice review also. When it was announced the features that are going to come out as time goes by, looked very attractive and user-friendly to use.
But one thing that doesn’t stop here as well is background updates. You might be working on something important and for some reason, you need to restart your laptop or your PC and the option comes update and restart and you have no option than choosing that after you chose the total update procedure is going to take a lot of time or maybe less depending on the size of the update.
For that, you need to stop your Windows 11 OS updates so that this kind of situation doesn’t arise when you are doing important work. Just for this, we have 5 ways to disable windows updates. So let’s take a look at those points.
ALSO READ – How to stop Windows 10 update
Prevent automatic Windows 11 Update temporarily in Settings
Well, this is one of the easiest processes to get your work done.
- Open Settings
- Select Windows Update from the left pane – it’s usually at the bottom of the list
- Under ‘More updates’, you’ll find an option to ‘Pause updates’. Click the button marked ‘Pause for 1 week’, after which automatic updates will continue again
How to Stop Windows 11 Automatic Update With the Windows Update Blocker Utility
The app was made for Windows10 but it works damn well with Windows 11 as well and you can get much more control over the update category.
- Go to the Windows Update Blocker page and download the portable app.
- Extract the zip folder and run the wub.exe file.
- Next, select Disable updates and click Apply Now.
- Upon successful application, the Service Status will turn green. Close the app and restart your PC.
- Additionally, click on the Menu button to access advanced options. It allows you to open the Service Manager, and configure service list options and command link information.
Disable Windows 11 automatic update via Windows Services
If you don’t wanna disable your update permanently rather you would like to stop for a long period not forever then follow these steps
- Hit the Windows Key + R to bring up the ‘Run’ window
- Type ‘services.msc’ in the box and hit Enter
- Within ‘Services (Local), scroll through the list until you find ‘Windows Update’ and double-click it
- Under the ‘General’ tab of the Properties window that opens, click the drop-down next to ‘Startup type’ and choose ‘Disabled’
- Click ‘Apply’, then ‘OK’ to save the changes
Block Windows 11 Updates with Group Policy Editor
You can disable Windows 11 update with Group Policy Editor by
1. Press Win + R. Type gpedit.msc to load the Group Policy Editor.
2. Navigate to Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update > Windows Update for Business.
3. Double-click on “Select the target feature update version”.
4. Set the policy to “Enabled”, type 21H1 into the field, and close the Group Policy Editor.
How to stop Windows 11 update using Set Up Metered Connection Method
What you can do is designate your Wifi or Ethernet on metered then the updates won’t pop up to make a fuss while restarting.
1. Open Settings (use Windows key + I shortcut) and go to “Network and Internet” from the left sidebar. You will now see the network (Wi-Fi or Ethernet) to your PC is connected. Click on “Properties” for your current connection.
2. On the next page, switch on the “Metered connection” toggle.
3. By default, Windows does not auto-download updates over metered connections. To ensure that the setting hasn’t somehow changed on your device, go to “Settings -> Windows Update -> Advanced Options“. Here, make sure the “Download over metered connections” option is switched off.
Use these tricks and stop them from annoying you with an update alert on your face every now and then. So these are the top 5 best and fastest ways to disable or stop windows 11 updates.
That’s all folks!