In this article, we are going to guide and help you with the best of our knowledge on How to Install Google Playstore On Windows 11
Google play store is a famous digital market application for Android Phones. From anywhere in the world, any android phone user can download lots of necessary applications from this store. Many well-known brands like Microsoft, Adobe, International Railway, Facebook, Twitter, Steam, Activision, Reddit, etc., have launched their app here in this store for mobile users. The app store features apps from individual developers as well.
But not only on Mobile Phones, but this Google play store can also be used on Microsoft Windows Operating systems. Microsoft Windows Operating system supports almost all Google play store apps. But to install this on Windows 11, there are some rules and processes that you have to maintain.
So without further delay, let’s check how to install Google PlayStore on Windows 11 Operating System Platform.
Install Google PlayStore On Windows 11
Before proceeding to the main topic, you must know the minimum requirements to install Google Playstore on your Windows 11. The Google PlayStore won’t get installed on your system for many reasons. So here is the process to check it.
Fix Software Problems to Install Google PlayStore On Windows 11
Check the Status of your Operating System
Google PlayStore supports only the 64bit version of the Windows 11 Operating System, which is based on ARM. So check if your system is 64bit or not.
ALSO READ – Nvidia GeForce MX570 GPU Gaming Performance
Modify Virtualization Option to Install Google PlayStore On Windows 11
When installing Google PlayStore on your Windows 11 Operating System, ensure that your Virtualization option is enabled. Navigate to the control panel, then programs; turn on the “windows features” option. From here, tick the following two boxes, “Virtual Machine platform” and “Windows Subsystem for Linux“.
ALSO READ – RX 6600 vs RTX 3060
Check Hardware Requirements to Install Google PlayStore on Windows 11
The minimum hardware criteria to install Google PlayStore On Windows 11 is an SSD with at least 8GB of DDR4 RAM though Microsoft recommends 16GB of RAM. If your system doesn’t match this, it won’t install on your system.
Modify the Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA)
If you have already installed this and Google PlayStore is not installed on your system, uninstall it. From the settings, choose the apps and features option and search this from there. If you cannot find it, then it is not yet installed. Follow the below steps to install it.
- Go to the settings and choose “Privacy & Security Option“. Under this, you will find “For Developers” features. Click on it.
- Click on it twice, and a new pop-up window will open. Click YES to confirm.
After doing that, you need to download this 859MB file. Click on this link to download it. After download, extract the files into a folder. If your windows defender or anti-virus software detects any of its files as a threat or virus, then allow it because all files are from this is safe.
How to install Google PlayStore On Windows 11
If you have successfully extracted all files into a folder, follow the steps below.
- Copy the extracted file
- Navigate yourself to Windows>System 32. Here Pest thePestes. If the administrator wants permission to allow it, then let it.
- After doing that, go to the search bar, which is just beside your Windows 11 start menu button, and type “Powershell”.
- Now some options will be visible on the right side. Select the “run as administrator” option and click on “YES” to confirm it.
- Now from the appearing window, choose next to where it says “PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>” and copy pest thiPestcd C:\WSA-GApps-pico_2204.40000.20.0_x64_Release-Nightly” and hit the ENTER Button from your keyboard.
- After that, copy pest thiPestSet-ExecutionPolicy -Scope Process -ExecutionPolicy Bypass” and press the ENTER Button.
- Now type the keyword “A” and press Enter button again.
- After that, copy pest thiPest.\Install.ps1” and press Enter button.
After doing the above steps successfully, you can see a msg “The Operation Completed Successfully“. But this doesn’t end here right now. After this process, you will encounter issues related to your windows firewall. Follow the below steps to solve the problems.
- You will face an issue of “VirtWifi has No Internet Access“. The leading cause is that the windows firewall is blocking this.
- Go to the start menu and type “Advanced Security”. From there, go to “Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security”.
- Now from the various list of options, find and click on the “Windows Defender Firewall Properties”.
- Under the “Protected Network Connections”, choose Customize.
- Here, various checkbox options will appear. Uncheck the “vEthernet (WSL)” option and click on the OK button to confirm it.
After this, Google PlayStore will run on your windows 11 operating system without any problems.
So this was all about how to install Google Playstore on Windows 11. If you think we have missed out on anything, let us know in the comments down below.
Alapan, Editor at Xombied and Techuda, is a biomechanical Engineer education-wise. But he wanted to go ahead with his life and pursue his career as both Gaming and Tech Reviewer. He is occasionally invited to host, plan and execute Gaming events with multiple brands. Apart from gaming, he loves playing guitar and singing along to the music.