In this article, we are going to guide and help you on how to Improve Shutdown Speed in Windows 11 Operating System
Windows 11 has launched with some new exciting features that bring a lot of whole new experiences to the Microsoft Operating System users. This latest Gen operating system from Microsoft company also has done some serious updates in performance improvement such as speeding up the file transferring speed, decreasing application loading times, tasks ending quickly, much faster internet speed, and an overall stable experience. etc.
But although some users are facing slow performance when they are shutting down the system whether they are on a laptop or PC or even if they have the highest level hardware configurations present in the system. So obviously some problems could have occurred in the Windows 11 operating system that we are going to diagnose and fix.
So in this article, we are going to guide and help you with the best of our knowledge on how to improve Shutdown Speed in the Windows 11 Operating System.
How to Improve Shutdown Speed in Windows 11
Before diving deep into the problem, please note that you are going to edit an Operating System’s Registry file. This process can cause some problems if you don’t do it correctly and carefully. Of course, this is not an illegal process or going against the policies of Microsoft but we are advising you to create a Windows System Restore point. So if anything goes wrong, you can restore the settings of your Microsoft Windows 11 Operating System.
Now Further Any delay, please follow the below steps to improve the shutdown speed of your Microsoft Windows 11 Operating System
- Step 1 – As we have said before that you are going to edit an operating system’s registry file, so at first type “Regedit” in the search section. Here you will observe many results. Choose the “Regedit” application and after that navigate yourself to this address
- Step 2 – Now Click on the control key. This will now show the keys which are inside there. Find the particular label named “WaitToKillServiceTimeout”. Double click on that and you will be offered to change the value of that thing. The default value should be presented as 5000. Change it to 2000 and then click the ok button to complete the task.
- Step 3 – Now as you have changed the default value of the label, windows 11 will force you to wait for an unresponsive service for 2ms where previously it was set for 5ms. Please do not change the value lower than this because if you set the value lower than this, your operating system might get unstable and also corrupted. Now navigate yourself to this key given below
- Step 4 – After opening the Desktop Key folder, right-click on it and select the “New” option. After that, String value and give it name “WaitToKillAppTimeOut”. Now double click on the new key and set its value to it 2000. Click the ok button to complete the task.
- Step 5 – After completing step 4 successfully, repeat it. Right-click on the Desktop key folder and select “New”. After that, string value and then named it as “HungAppTimeout”. Now double click on the new key and set the data of that value as 2000. Click the ok button to complete your task.
- Step 6 – Now for the final time, repeat step 4 or step 5 again. Right-click on the Desktop key folder then select the “New” option. Now string value and then name it as “AutoEndtasks”. After that, double click on the new key and set the value of the data “1“. Click ok to complete the task and process.
If you have successfully done all the 6 steps carefully with maintaining caution, then your system’s shutdown speed will improve. This Registry file editing process will also decrease the time that your os takes to close any app, services, or tasks to close. Although if this change makes your system unstable then try to increase the millisecond values. Change the value until your system gets stable and shuts down fast.
So this was all about how to improve your Windows shutdown speed. If you think we missed out on something let us know in the comments below.
That’s all folks!
Alapan, Editor at Xombied and Techuda, is a biomechanical Engineer education-wise. But he wanted to go ahead with his life and pursue his career as both Gaming and Tech Reviewer. He is occasionally invited to host, plan and execute Gaming events with multiple brands. Apart from gaming, he loves playing guitar and singing along to the music.