Losing your important files is the most frustrating thing ever! So this article will guide you on how to fix Windows detected Hard Disk problem issues.
There are times in your life when you may or may not see this error prompting on to your screen which says that you have windows prompted Hard Disk problem in which you’d need to follow some steps to save your total data on your PC or laptop.
Hard Disk doesn’t make much of a problem in our daily life but there are times when the electronics or maybe a software problem occurs within the Hard Disk which leads to error messages and bluescreens. To solve all these problems you would need to follow some steps to resolve them.
So without further delay let’s check out the top 5 ways how to Fix Windows detected Hard Disk problem.
How to run SFC Scan using CMD?
SFC scan is a godsend feature that Windows offers to scan and fix corrupted OS files. Hence, that is the next scan you should run to rule out corrupt files as a cause of this issue. This is one of the best fixes to the ‘Windows Detected a Hard Disk Problem’ Error.
To run an SFC scan, follow the below steps:
- Type “cmd” in the Windows search bar.
- Right-click on the Windows Command Prompt app and select Run as administrator.
- Type “SFC /scan now” and hit Enter.
Once the steps are completed it will pop up an intimation which will say that a problem has been found and it can troubleshoot the problem or can be manually done by u.
How to run CHKDSK to fix the hard disk problem
CHKDSK is a system tool and command in computer operating systems. It verifies the file system integrity of a volume and attempts to fix logical file system errors. To run the chkdsk command to check and fix your system problems, please follow the steps below.
- Press “Win+R” keys to open Run and type: cmd and hit Enter to open Command Prompt.
- Type: chkdsk C: /f /r /x and hit Enter.
ALSO READ – How to stop Windows 11 update?
How to Fix Hard Disk error By Running Disk Error Checking Tool
An error-checking utility checks & repairs the hard disk errors and issues in the Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7 for FAT (FAT16/FAT32) and NTFS file systems. To do so, try the below instructions:
- First, close all the open applications.
- In the second step, press Win + E Key together to open File Explorer.
- Next, right-click on an affected hard drive & open the ‘Properties’.
- Under the properties window, you need to click on the ‘Tools’ tab. After this, make tap on the ‘Check’ option from the appearing list.
- At last, click on the option ‘Scan Drive’.
ALSO READ – How to fix a slow computer
How to disable the pop-up feature that reports a false hard disk error message?
The error message pops up now and then because there is a problem in your hard dick that needs to be solved. But there are times when there is no problem but still the error message keeps popping up and it’s irritating too. follow the steps to stop it.
- Get the Run window from the Start menu and type in “gpedit.msc”.
2. Click “Ok” or hit Enter key and you’ll get a new window where you can find Disk Diagnostics: Administrative Templates > System > Troubleshooting and Diagnostics > Disk Diagnostics
3. Click “Disc Diagnostic: Configure execution level” on the right part and a configuration menu will pop up. Modify the execution level to Disable and click “Apply” and “OK”. Then restart the computer the error message won’t pop up.
How to prevent malicious files from entering your PC from pop-ups?
The best way to prevent malicious files from downloading and entering your PC from the popups is by getting an Antivirus or an Internet security. In all these 5 points I think this is the easiest step to follow because in this you won’t need to type down much all you would need to do this go on any online shopping portal and order a Total security antivirus from there and install it on your computer and believe me this pop-up will go away forever.
And if you want suggestions on that, then I would recommend Kaspersky Total security I use it for my laptop as well as it is one of the best both in detecting malicious files and malware but also the software is extremely lightweight and doesn’t slow down my laptop.
So this was all about how to fix windows detected hard disk problems. If you think we have missed out on anything let us know in the comments down below.
That’s all folks!