In this article, we will guide and help you with the best of our knowledge on how to fix Microsoft Windows 11 Voice Typing Problem.
Microsoft has launched its newest version of the Operating System Platform, Windows 11. This operating system has better and improved features than the previous Windows 10 platform. And one of its most impressive features is Voice Typing. This technology allows you to type words or sentences according to your voice. Rather than writing, you can dictate the sentences or phrases. This feature will automatically write down precisely those things on any writable documents or software on your PC or Laptop.
This is the easiest way to convert any speech into a written format quickly. But like other software in the Microsoft Operating System, some users face issues with this feature as it is not working well or correctly in their system due to technical issues. It is having some problems which are related to both software and hardware.
Now further any delay, let’s check out the possible ways to fix this Windows 11 Voice Typing Software.
Possible Ways to Fix Windows 11 Voice Typing Problems
So here are the following ways that you can try to fix your Windows 11 Voice Typing Issue
Physical Hardware Cable Connection
When connecting an external Microphone to your system, check whether it is connected properly. Often, a loose connection can happen, creating problems for voice typing or recognition.
Fix Default Audio Input Device to solve Windows 11 Voice Typing Issue
When connecting more than one audio device to your system, it randomly selects the most suitable device automatically. To correctly check whether the appropriate Microphone device is set as the default audio input or not, you will have to
- Open the settings menu and then go to sound settings. If you can’t find that, look for the search bar in the settings menu, type “Sound Settings“, and hit the enter button.
- Now here, you will be offered to choose your microphone device. Check whether the Microphone of which you are using is selected as the default device or not. If it is not, then select it. Also, set the volume bar to the 100%
- Now press the “Windows + H” key at a time to open Windows Voice Typing and check whether it is working correctly or not.
Turn on the Microphone Access Option on Windows 11
Sometimes, it requires permission to turn on the Microphone Access Option in Operating System. Here is the process of turning it on
- Drag your mouse to the Start Menu and press Right-click
- Choose settings and then select the “Privacy and Security” option
- Here you will see many option lists. From the list, choose Microphone Option and click on it
- After that, Enable these two options, “Microphone Access” and “Let Apps Access your Microphone”. If these two options are enabled already, disable them and enable them again.
Set Speech-Language to Fix Windows 11 Voice Typing Problems
Microsoft Windows offers you a wide range of languages from all over the world for Voice Typing. If you want Voice Typing in Windows 11 platform according to your mother tongue, set it from the language settings.
- Open the Start menu and go to setting options.
- Now select the Time and Language tab
- Under this tab, choose the Speech option
- After that, you will be offered a drop-down list option. Click on that and select your preferred language. The Voice Typing Feature in this Windows 11 operating platform should work for you.
Choose a silent Zone for Accurate Voice Command.
If your Microphone hardware is sensitive or premium quality, then by default, it catches a long radius zone surround sounds which affects the Voice Typing. Try to use this feature in a quiet or quieter spot or area.
Windows Recording TroubleShooter
If there are any internal problems related to Microphone or Audio recording, then Windows 11 Voice Typing Feature might not function well. Run a troubleshooter to solve this issue.
- Press and hold the “Windows + I” keys to launch the settings menu.
- After that, navigate to the System tab and choose the Troubleshoot option.
- Under the Troubleshoot, select the option “other Troubleshoot.”
- Here you will be offered a list of various sections. Each of them has a Run button on the right side. In the “Recording Audio Section”, click on the Run button to start the diagnosis.
- After the diagnosis process is complete, check whether the Voice typing feature is working or not.
Update the Microphone Driver to fix the Windows 11 Voice Typing Problem
If your Windows 11 operating system runs with a backward or outdated microphone driver, then update it to improve the voice typing problem.
- Press the “Windows Key” and “X” key at a time to open the pop-up options list and choose Device Manager
- Now a new window will be opened. From the list, double-click on “Audio Inputs and Outputs.“
- Under this option, you will find “Microphone”. Right-click on that and then choose “Update Driver.”
- Additionally, check for the driver updates for your external microphone device. After all the update process, your Voice Typing feature will work on your Windows 11 platform.
So this was all about how to fix Windows 11 voice typing problem. If you think we missed out on anything, let us know in the comments down below.
That’s all, Folks!