If your system is not responding or is relatively slow when opening up applications, these top 10 tips to fix slow Windows 11 might help.
The latest operating system from Microsoft is Windows 11. It has all the latest features and a wide range of customization and accessibility options. The newest version of Windows 11 features backward compatibility and provides extra security for Microsoft Operating System users. Like Windows 10, it also has a free version that can be downloaded from the official Microsoft Website.
But some users are now complaining about their OS running slow, and thus, the daily productivity for many users is affected. These issues occur especially after Windows updates. After deeply analyzing the root of the problem and experimenting with some of its features, we have found some solutions for you that will work 100% efficiently.
Now further any delay, let’s check out How to fix Slow windows 11, which will work 100% effectively.
Fix Slow Windows 11- Windows Automatic maintenance
This feature thoroughly diagnoses your entire system, like, file corruption, unnecessary junk and cache files etc., and resolves them. You can choose a default time to run this feature, which will automatically fix the critical errors and speed up your system.
- Go to the search option.
- Then type “control” and hit Enter button
- Now the control panel window will show.
- Click on the “System and Security” option.
- After that, choose Security and Maintenance.
- Under this maintenance feature, you can find Automatic Maintenance.
- Here, choose a suitable time for running this automatic feature daily
- Click on the checkbox “Allow Scheduled Maintenance to wake up my computer at the scheduled time.”
- Click on the OK button to save your settings.
ALSO READ – Fix Voice Typing issues on Windows 11
Fix Slow Windows 11- Disable Startup Program
Do you know that many programs automatically start running every time without notifying you when you start your system? These cause unnecessary pressure and keep your system’s memory engaged. As a result, your system runs slow and does not focus on the currently running applications. You can fix your slow running windows 11 operating system by disabling the Automatic startup apps.
- Open your Task Manager
- Now check out the left-side navigation icons.
- You can find a tab known as the Startup Apps.
- Click on that to see a list of the applications with their status.
- Now, right-click on the unnecessary applications whose status is enabled and then click on the disable option.
Speed up your Microsoft Operating System- Efficiency Mode
Another way to speed up and fix the slow Windows 11 is to use the efficiency mode feature. It works to improve the performance of software and applications on your system. And if you are using Windows 11 on a compact laptop system, it also helps save your battery.
When opening the task manager, you can find this option with a leaf icon on the top right. But sometimes, this mode or feature will be unavailable as it will not apply to some windows applications.
ALSO READ – Fix Slow PCs and Laptops
Speed up Windows 11- Disabling Windows Search
One of the main reasons for Windows 11 to run slow is the Windows Search. It makes use of the system resources and making your Windows 11 slow. Follow the steps to disable the Windows Search.
- Open Run and type “services.msc” and hit Enter button
- Now a separate window will appear
- Here from the list, find “Windows Search.”
- After finding out, do double click on it.
- Then under the general tab, click on the Stop button.
- You can also make the Startup option “Disabled” from the drop-down option.
- Click the OK button and then restart your machine.
Fix Slow Windows 11- Use a Premium Internet Security
Sometimes, malicious files from the internet enter your computer secretly and make your Windows 11 very slow. It is a kind of virus that always supplies your precious information to its server for many reasons. Using authentic and Premium Internet Security software will fix your slowdown issues. I use Kaspersky Total Security, which is the best regarding security softwares.
Windows 11 laggy- Storage Cleaning
Some junk or unnecessary files remain in a hidden or unknown folder when you uninstalling or installing a software or application. Even when Microsoft Windows releases path files, some old files stay on the system drive and make Windows 11 slow. To eliminate this problem, you can clean your hard drive to remove the junk and catch files of any software, applications, and windows operating system.
Under the settings option, you can find storage. Here, the Storage Sense icon lets you choose the Automatic cleanup of your storage’s unnecessary files. You can also choose your customization options for cleaning.
Fix Slow Windows 11- Turn off Transparency Effects
Disabling the Windows 11 transparency option will let you fix the slow windows 11 issue.
- Open Settings option
- Click on the personalization.
- Then select colors
- Here, you can get a switch button for the Transparency effect option OFF and ON.
- Switch it off and then restart your system.
Speed up your Microsoft Operating System- Disable Effects
By disabling some effects like visuals, shadows, animations, etc., you can fix the slow windows 11.
- Open Start, type “sysdm.cpl” and a control panel item will appear and click on it.
- Now click on the Advanced tab.
- Under this, you can get Performance, User Profile, and Startup and recovery option.
- Click on the Settings button, which is under the Performance option.
- After that, the performance options window will open.
- Click on the Custom feature.
Now various kinds of options list will be unlocked for you over here. Do uncheck there below options to speed up your system.
- Animate controls and elements inside windows
- Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing.
- Animations in the taskbar
- Fade or slide menus into view
- Fade or slide ToolTips into the view.
- Fade out menu items after clicking.
- Show shadows under windows.
Fix Slow Windows 11- Ultimate performance mode.
Change it to high-performance or ultimate performance mode; if your Microsoft Windows 11 operating system is running on a power saver or balanced mode by default.
- On the search option, type “choose a power plan.”
- Now a window will be open where you can get various power management options for your system.
- From here, choose Ultimate performance. Click the “Show additional power plan” option if it is not visible.
ALSO READ – Fix VLC Player Video Lag
Boost up your System- Uninstall 3rd party free apps
Many 3rd party applications available on the internet free of cost make your windows slow. These kinds of apps greatly engage your system’s memory unit and make it very slow. If you use any of these, uninstall them immediately and make your system run freely. CCleaner is a big example, and you should uninstall that immediately.
If nothing works, then you are in for an SSD upgrade. If you are running your system on an HDD, get a new SSD, and you will immediately see massive performance boosts after a clean Windows 11 installation. This is an article when an SSD is compared to a Hard Disk.
So this was all about the Top 10 tricks to fix your Slow Windows 11 issue. If you think we missed out on anything, let us know in the comments.
That’s all, Folks!
Alapan, Editor at Xombied and Techuda, is a biomechanical Engineer education-wise. But he wanted to go ahead with his life and pursue his career as both Gaming and Tech Reviewer. He is occasionally invited to host, plan and execute Gaming events with multiple brands. Apart from gaming, he loves playing guitar and singing along to the music.