In this article, we are going to guide and help you on how to fix Greyed Out Location Services in Windows 11
When searching for something from your location, Microsoft Windows Operating System explores it based on your device location. This system accurately tracks your device and gathers many necessary data to show you. But some of the users have reported that they are not being able to access the location services because it is greyed out.
With the location feature in Windows 11, you can find your location, nearby things, maps of essential items, and many more. When the location is greyed out, you won’t be able to turn on or off the location, and you won’t have your apps track wherever you are. This is not recommended because many Windows features and apps depend upon the location and where you are browsing. You will have difficulty accessing the apps which use the location services.
So this article will guide and help with some possible ways to fix Greyed Out Location Services in Windows 11.
How to Fix Greyed Out Location Services in Windows 11
Here are the possible ways to fix Greyed Out Location Services in Windows 11
Notify the Organisation To Fix Greyed Out Location Services
If you observe when you are trying to access your location and the system is showing this message, “Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization”, then call the Internet Connection Company. In some cases, accessing the location is restricted by the Internet service provider company. They will fix this issue if you call and clarify that you are using a home or school PC.
Fix Greyed Out Location Services from System Maintenance Troubleshooter
Microsoft Windows Troubleshooter feature can fix this problem. Follow the below steps to Fix Greyed Out Location Services.
- Press the “R” and “Windows” keys on your keyboard to open Run.
- Now in the blank field, type “Control” and click OK. This will lead to the Control Panel Home page.
- Here, you will get many options. Click on the Catagory drop-down option, which you can find in the upper right corner. Choose small icons. For this, you can see all the Control Panel items simultaneously.
- Find “Troubleshooting” from the list and click on it.
- After choosing that, you will get four options. You can find “Run Maintenance Tasks” under System and Security from one of those four options.
- Now click on the Advanced option. Make sure that the “Apply Repairs Automatically” option is chosen.
- After that, choose the option of “Run as Administrator”.
- Then, click on the “next” button and wait. If there is any problem, then this process will automatically fix it.
ALSO READ – Fix Display Port Problem
Use the Registry Editor Feature
Here are the steps below that you can follow to Fix Greyed Out Location Services.
- Open Run.
- Type “Regedit” in the black field and press ok
- Now the Registry Editor Window will open.
- Now on the address bar type this – “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lfsvc\TriggerInfo“
- After that, look out for the folder “TriggerInfo“. Under this, find a folder name “3”. Delete the folder.
After deleting this folder or unique key, your pc will take a restart. But don’t worry. Follow the below process when your pc starts again.
- Open the registry file section again and go to this path
- Now find the subkey name “Windows“. Under this, find the “LocationAndSensors” key. If there is nothing like that particular name, create one with this “LocationAndSensors” name.
- After that, right-click on that key, choose new, and select “DWORD” (32bit value).
- Rename this newly created value as “DisableLocation“.
- Now open the DisableLocation to see its properties.
- Here, put the value of DisableLocation as 0 (Zero).
- After doing that successfully, click on the OK button to save the changes that you have made.
- Restart your PC to apply the changes you have made.
ALSO READ – Fix Windows 11 Voice Typing
Fix Greyed Out Location Services by Configuring Windows Geolocation Service
- Open the command prompt and type “services. msc”.
- Now you get a list of various features. Find “Geolocation Services” from there. Right-click on it and choose properties to open a new option window.
- Under the General Tab, you can see a drop-down option for Startup Type. Set it as automatic. If it is already set as intuitive, select disable and then choose the automatic option again.
- Click on apply and then the ok button to save the changes that you have made. Restart your pc after doing the process.
Make changes to the Group Policy Editor.
If the system administrator restricts your location provider policy, follow the steps below to eliminate this problem.
- Open the Run and type “gpedit. msc”, and click ok to open the window of Group Policy Editor.
- Now go to this Location or Find from the left folder list
“Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Location and Sensors”
- After that, right-click “Turn off Location Scripting” and choose the properties option.
- Set the value of it to “Not Configured/Disabled.”
- After doing that, set the Turn off location and Turn off sensors options to not configured/disabled.
ALSO READ – Fix Microsoft Store Game Download Issues
After doing the above steps successfully, go to this location and follow the below steps.
“Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Location and Sensors\Windows Location Provider”
- Here, find Turn off Windows Location Provider and choose Properties.
- Set the value of it as “Not Configured or Disabled.”
- Click apply and then ok to save the changes that you have made.
So this was all about Fix Greyed Out Location Services in Windows 11. If you think we missed out on anything, let us know in the comments down below.
That’s all, Folks!
Alapan, Editor at Xombied and Techuda, is a biomechanical Engineer education-wise. But he wanted to go ahead with his life and pursue his career as both Gaming and Tech Reviewer. He is occasionally invited to host, plan and execute Gaming events with multiple brands. Apart from gaming, he loves playing guitar and singing along to the music.