This is a quick how-to guide on How to fix the 0x0000011b error on Windows 11 after the recent Microsoft Security Update.
Recently Microsoft released a security patch for Windows 11. This patch is available on the latest build, version 21H1. The purpose of releasing this patch is to prevent attacks like Ransomware or any security threats and to protect user data. The more your systems are updated, the less chance of getting your system hacked by any 3rd or unknown party. Microsoft always recommends that you should always keep your Windows fully updated for maximum security.
But as the latest patch was installed on our system, it started giving issues like the 0x0000011b error. Mostly, it creates problems with the printer when you use it as shared networking hardware. Whenever the issue arises, it shows the user a message or notification of “operation failed 0x0000011B error”. We were frustrated with this issue and wanted to resolve it. We tried a few of the listed solutions, and after applying them, the problem seems to have gone away.
So if you are facing a similar issue, this article will guide and help you to the best of our knowledge of how to get rid of and fix the 0x0000011b error on your Microsoft Windows 11 Operating system.
How to Fix 0x0000011b error on Windows 11
Here are the possible ways to fix the 0x0000011b error on Windows 11.
Print Spooler Service
Restarting the Print Spooler service on your system can fix your 0x0000011b error. Here is how you do it.
- Go Start and type “services.msc”
- After that, click on the OK button.
- Now a Service App window will open with a list of Services.
- Click the Service option, which will be in the top left corner.
- Then, find Print Spooler under this option.
- After finding out, right-click on that and choose the properties option
- Here, 4 tabs will be offered to you; select the General Tab.
- Under this General Tab, set the Start-Up option to Automatic from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Apply and then the OK button to save your settings.
- After that, Right Click on the Print Spooler option and then choose Restart.
ALSO READ – How to fix Printer Problems
Check for Windows Update for the latest updates.
Microsoft is always active in giving their user the best experience, so they might have already released a patch fix for this issue. To check that, go to the Windows Update feature by typing it on your Start Menu and check for the latest updates. If there are any pending Windows updates, they should automatically start downloading and installing them properly on your system.
ALSO READ – How to fix webcam not working
Fix the 0x0000011b error by Installing the Printer Manually
As the latest patch is affecting the printer hardware and not letting it work properly, you can try to install it via Local Port. Follow the instructions to do it.
- Open Windows Settings options
- Then find the “Devices” option and click on the “Printers and Scanners” tab.
- Here, choose the “Add a printer or Scanner option”. By doing this, Microsoft Windows will search and scan for a Printer device.
- As usual, for the latest patch, Microsoft cannot find it. Now click on the option “The Printer that I want isn’t listed’. If this option is not there, click again on the “Add a printer or Scanner option”.
- After that, under the “Add Printer” window, select “Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings”.
- After that, select Create a new port and choose the local port option from the drop-down menu.
- Type your printer file path and network printer name in the “Enter a port name” field.
- Then Click on the OK button to save the printer.
- Now choose the printer manufacturer from the list and install printer drivers.
- Select the appropriate printer driver, which can be found under the Printer column
- Then click on next and select a name for your printer driver and install
- After that, wait for some time for the installation to be complete.
Modify the Printer Keys in the Registry Editor
Turning off this registry will fix the 0x0000011b error.
- Open the Run feature in your system.
- Then type “Regedit” on the blank field and press the OK button to open the registry editor.
- Copy the below location, paste it to the navigation bar, and press enter. “Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print“
- Now find the Printer Folder on the left side.
- After finding it out, right-click on it and then choose New and then Choose DWORD (32-bit) Value option
- Now rename this DWORD value as “RpcAuthnLevelPrivacyEnabled.“
- After renaming it, right-click on this RpcAuthnLevelPrivacyEnabled and choose Modify option.
- Type “0” in the blank field under Value Data, and then press the OK button. Do not change anything under the base option and keep it as a Hexadecimal.
- Now close the registry edition window and restart your computer to apply all the changes that you have made. Connect your shared printer after applying the rule
ALSO READ – How to fix Copy Paste Issue on Windows
Find and Uninstall KB5005565 update to fix 0x0000011b error
The error of 0x0000011b is connected to the KB5005565 Update patch of your Microsoft Windows Operating System. If your system has it, then uninstall it to fix your issue.
- Open the control panel and go to the program menu.
- Under the Programs and Features option, select the “View Installed Updates option.“
- A new window will be opened for Uninstall Updates under the Settings Feature.
- After that, if you find the particular KB5005565 update, find it, see its right side where the uninstall button is located, and click on it.
- After uninstalling it, restart your PC to apply the changes
So these were all the tips and tricks to fix the 0x0000011b error on Windows. If we have missed anything, let us know in the comments below.
That’s all, Folks!
Alapan, Editor at Xombied and Techuda, is a biomechanical Engineer education-wise. But he wanted to go ahead with his life and pursue his career as both Gaming and Tech Reviewer. He is occasionally invited to host, plan and execute Gaming events with multiple brands. Apart from gaming, he loves playing guitar and singing along to the music.