In this article, we will guide you on how to Activate Tabs in File Explorer in Windows 11, which is still not part of it by default.
Microsoft Company has launched a Windows 11 Operating System with many magnificent features for its users. And their recent 22H2 update, there are many new features to observe. This latest update offers older software support that was missing in the last update for Windows 11.
Microsoft has delivered some new updates for its Windows 11 operating system for various bugs and glitch fixes. With this, they also provide some new general enhancements and some backward compatibility. You will also get new sidebars for better Navigation. And one of the major updates is that now you can activate tabs on this Windows 11 platform.
So in this article, we will guide and help you with how you can activate tabs in Windows 11 File Explorer Section.
How to activate Tabs in File Explorer on the Windows 11 22H2
The latest Windows 11 v22621.16 or 22H2 and updated version have a tab included in the File Explorer section. But by default is hidden because it is in the beta version only. So here are a few easy steps that you can follow to activate it.
- Go to Windows Insider Program. In this section, Look for the Beta Channel and Sign up.
- After that, go to the update option and get the latest update of v22621.16 or 22H2
- Now go to Github and follow the download page to download “ViveTool”.
- Save the tool. The file name should be like this – “ViVeTool-v0.21.1.zip.
- After that, right-click on it. From the list of options, choose “extract to-file”. This will take out every copy of the files into a specific folder inside that zip file.
- Rename that folder as you wish, but its name should be different.
- After that, open Windows Search.
- In this section, go to Command Prompt and then run it as Administrator. Here you have to write a specific command.
- Type cd <copy and paste the path of your folder. As example. if you have extracted the Zip files into a folder named Xombied in the C drive downloads section, then it should be like – cd
C:\Users\your PC user name\Downloads\Xombied
- If you have successfully done all things correctly according to the steps, then Command Prompt’s directory will change to the path where you extracted the ViVeTool-0.2.1.zip
- Now in the same section of Command Prompt, enter the following Codes as shown in the Picture and restart the system.
If everything has been done correctly, you can observe the two severe changes on your Windows 11.
- Activated Tabs
- New Sidebar for better Navigation
Although this Tabs activating process is still in prototype mode and is only available in the beta version. Microsoft has said that very soon, it will release for all users after all experiments.
So this was all about how you can activate tabs in the windows 11 file explorer section. If you think we missed out on anything, feel free to comment below.
That’s all, folks!