Our selection for the Best Open Back Headphones delivers an excellent stereo sound and is best for audio and sound engineers!
Many open back headphone models are currently present in the worldwide electronics market. Open back headphones are fabulous for delivering high-quality stereo sounds to your ears. Besides, these models are designed specifically to place enough space for your ears to breath so that you don’t sweat after wearing for more extended periods.
The concept of Open back headphones is that even if you are wearing these headphones, you will be aware of the ambient. Closed back headphones isolate you, and you can’t hear car horns or door bells and voices, so the Open back headphones are a way to counter these issues.
Open back headphones are fabulous for listening to high quality music. Still, it is not meant if you are a regular microphone user because the sound will easily escape through the open back earcups. It is excellent for sound engineers and audio producers as it has a good and wide soundstage, but it can be slightly pricey.
But among all these models, which will be the best for you in 2023? Which model will be most comfortable and suitable for your daily audio production work? We have picked up five best open back headphones models to clear this confusion.
We analysed them, checked their design, sound quality, and daily usable performance output. We concluded that these would be your best selections when looking for a new pair of open back headphones.
So without further delay, lets quickly check out the Top 5 Best Open Back Headphones in 2023.
Best Open Back Headphones- Sennheiser HD 800 S
Our 1st choice goes with Sennheiser HD 800 S model. This is currently an industry-grade headphone in the market right now. It delivers premium-level stage-quality sound along with some crisp effects. For the user benefit, Sennheiser delivers an amplifier for sound tuning inside the box, and the earcaps can also be replaceable as per your requirements. This headphone is best suited for concerts, multiplayer gaming, music production, sound engineering, etc.
- 4Hz – 51,000Hz frequency response
- Industry Grade No1 headphone
- Premium sound quality with crisp effect
- Great for Music production, sound engineering, concert, and the best overkill for gaming
- 102 dB sound pressure level with 1 volt current supply
- 300 ohm of impedance
- Only 1hHz 1 Vrms of total harmonic distortion
- 3 meters of total cable length
- 10.5mT of magnetic field
- Weight 330g
- Price $1869.14
Best Budget Open Back Headphones- Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250
Our 2nd choice goes with Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250. It comes with a handy design along with the budget price. Beyerdynamic has manufactured this model with high quality physical parts, especially the comfortable leather earcaps. It gives a clear, transparent, spacious, strong, and treble sound quality. It has another 80 Ohm build model, but the 250 Ohm works better.
- Open back design for air passing in the ear.
- Very much ideal for Sound engineers, Studio performers, and CsGo Gamers
- Transparent, Strong, Balanced sound along with Bass effect
- 3m coil cable length
- 250 Ohm Impedance
- Leather earcaps
- 5 to 35,000 Hz frequency response
- 96 dB normal sound pressure level
- 250g average weight
- Price $159
ALSO READ – Best Airpods Alterative headphones
A Premium Level Costly Headphone- Focal Utopia High Fidelity Headphone
Our 3rd choice goes with Focal Utopia High Fidelity headphone. It is a luxurious model that comes with a very high price tag. This headphone delivers ultra-level clear sound resolution with dynamic and bass effects. Those who are very professional audiophiles want to hear every tiny sound detail using this headphone. It also has a great leather foam and Beryllium Sound driver, which is excellent.
- Made with leather, recycled carbon, aluminum, and other high-level materials
- M-shaped sound speaker for accurate comfort ear fitting
- Ultra clear resolution sound with dynamic, bass, and balanced effects
- Beryllium Driver
- 80 Ohm of impedance
- 104 dB SPL of sensitivity
- Less than 1 kHz of THD with 100 dB SPL
- Frequency range 5Hz to 50 kHz
- 1.08 Lbs of weight
- Price $4999
ALSO READ – Gaming Headphones
Best Open Back Headphones for Gaming- Sennheiser DROP + EPOS PC38X
Our 4th choice goes with Sennheiser DROP + EPOS PC38X is one of the gaming headphones in this list. Sennheiser has made this headphone with great locational accuracy to ideally listen to your enemy’s and other surrounding sounds. You can use this headphone for PC and Ps4, Ps5, Nintendo Switch, Xbox, and Android Mobile. The mesh-knit earpad is very much comfortable and lets a sufficient amount of air pass through your ear. Plus, it also comes under a very affordable price tag.
- Sonic Sound experience with Locational accuracy for competitive gaming
- The upgraded version of PC37X
- A premium-level sound driver that delivers Dynamic and sonic sound
- 10Hz- 30,000Hz frequency response
- 28 Ohm of impedance
- 109 dB of sound pressure level
- It comes with a noise-canceling microphone with great sensitivity.
- Removable cable and earcaps with two years of manufacturing warranty
- Price $169
ALSO READ – Best Over the Ear Wireless headphones
Best Wireless in-ear Open Back Headphones- Sony LinkBuds
Our 5th choice goes with Sony LinkBuds Open back wireless design. However, it has no traditional headphone design but can deliver open back headphone experience. To keep customer benefit, Sony has manufactured this model with different ear cup sizes; thus, you can choose the appropriate size for your ears. One of the impressive things about this model is its water-resistant feature and a wide area tap for control.
- Open ring design with a light and small form factor
- Instant gaming, calling, and music connectivity
- Crystal clear sound with a balanced V1 processor
- Twenty hours of battery life that can be charged within 5 minutes. Quick charge technology
- 60 minutes of music playtime
- Waterproof feature with multiple device connection feature
- Wide area of tapping for audio controlling
- Price $148
So this was all about the Top 5 best Open Back Headphones you can buy in 2023. Let us know in the comments below if you think we have missed anything.
That’s all, Folks!
Alapan, Editor at Xombied and Techuda, is a biomechanical Engineer education-wise. But he wanted to go ahead with his life and pursue his career as both Gaming and Tech Reviewer. He is occasionally invited to host, plan and execute Gaming events with multiple brands. Apart from gaming, he loves playing guitar and singing along to the music.