These are the top 5 best CPU for Gaming in 2023. We have mixed the Intel and AMD Processors, so you can’t be wrong about choosing one.
Nowadays not only GPUs, but CPUs plays a major role in Gaming Performance. But earlier there was a mindset that, when it comes to games, all gamers always prioritize the GPUs first as it is related to the Graphics. But most do not know that the CPU is key to unlocking the highest FPS possible for a game.
For example, if you try running a very low-level CPU with the latest gen high-end RTX 4090 GPU, you wont be able to unlock the full potential of the GPU because of the CPU bottlenecking where the CPU is not being able to feed the GPU with enough power to run at its maximum capability. So choosing the right CPU is crucial when it comes to Gaming builds.
So this is the reason we picked upot the Top 5 best CPUs for your 2023 gaming PC, which will deliver a great performance and will perfectly fit under your budget.
Best CPUs for Gaming – Intel Core i5 13600K
Our 1st choice goes with Intel Core i5 13600K. This is a 13th Gen i5 CPU, the latest addition to the Intel lineup of processors for 2023. It has support for Z790, B760 and even the older Z690 motherboards.
It is a Mid-range CPU that runs at a speed of 3.5 GHz Base Clock and can go up to 5.1GHz on turbo. With 14 Cores and 20 threads, this processor also has the Intel UHD 770 integrated graphics solution, so you don’t need a GPU to get a display in case you didn’t get a GPU.
- 14 Cores (6 P Cores and 8 E Cores) and 20 Threads
- 3.5 GHz base Frequency and 5.1 GHz boost Frequency
- It belongs to the latest 13th Generation of Intel.
- Dual DDR5 and DDR4 memory support of 128GB 5600MT/s and 3200 MT/s respectively
- Supports all 700 series, Z790 and the older Z690 motherboards
- 125W TDP
- L2 Cache 20MB
- Price $320
ALSO READ – Core i5 13600K Review
Best CPU for Gaming – AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Our 2nd choice of processor goes with AMD Ryzen 7 7700X CPU. This is the latest AMD AM5 CPU based on the 5nm FinFET technology. Ryzen 7 7700X belongs to the Gen 4 Raphael and has been manufactured as a successor of their last generation AMD CPU to counter the 12th Generation Intel series Processor. Its base frequency of 4.5 GHz features the latest Gen 5.0 feature and 24 PCIe lanes. You can go for X670E, X670, B650E, and B650 chipset motherboards for this CPU.
- Base Frequency 4.5 GHz and Boost Frequency 5.4 GHz
- It holds a structure of 8 Cores and 16 Threads Design.
- AMD AM5 socket with Gen 4 Raphel series
- Dual Channel DDR5 128GB RAM support
- EEC memory ready with 8MB L2 Cache
- 105W TDP with Integrated AMD Radeon Graphics
- Price $399
ALSO READ – Ryzen 7700X Review
CPU for Gaming PC – Intel Core i5 13400
Our 3rd pick goes with the Intel Core i5 13400 CPU. This CPU is a successor of the previous 12th Gen Core i5 12400 CPU. It is a Hybrid Midrange CPU that has 6 P cores and 4 E Cores. The E Cores or the Efficiency Cores base frequency of 1.8 GHz can go up to 3.3 GHz when in Turbo Boost mode. It can support DDR5 128GB RAM with a max frequency of 4800 MT/s. Here are some of the best motherboards that you can pair this processor with.
- 10 Cores and 16 Thread Electronics Architecture
- 2.5 GHz base frequency which can go up to 4.6 GHz in boosting mode
- Latest Gen 5.0 technology with 20 Lanes
- Max DDR5 128Gb 4800 MT/s support
- Hybrid E and P Core design
- Integrated Intel UHD 770 graphics
- 65W TPD design
- Price $221
ALSO READ – Core i5 13400 Review
Best CPU for Gaming 2023- AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
Our 4th choice goes with AMD Ryzen 5 7600X. This AMD Gen 4 Raphael CPU features the new AM5 socket compatibility. Based on the gaming fps benchmark test, this CPU is faster than the 12th Gen Intel Core i7 12700K and Ryzen 7 5800X in some cases. With a base frequency of 4.7 GHz, it can be boosted to a maximum speed of 5.3 GHz. It has 6 Cores and 12 Threads and dual DDR4 and DDR5 RAM support.
- 6 Cores and 12 Threads Design
- Base frequency 4.7 GHz and Boost frequency 5.3 GHz
- DDR4 and DDR5 dual-channel RAM support of Max 128Gb 5200 MHz
- Latest Gen PCIe 5.0 support with 24 Lanes
- 105W of TDP
- L2 cache 6MB
- ECC memory ready
- X670E, X670, B650E, and B650 motherboard compatibility
- Price $299
READ More – Ryzen 5 7600X Review
Best Gaming CPU 2023 – AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Our 5th choice goes with AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D CPU. This CPU performs almost the same as the 12th Gen Intel Core i7 12700K. This processor doesn’t have DDR5 support and still runs on the DDR4 Platform, and comes with an AMD AM4 Design Socket. It has no integrated graphics solution for getting a display without a GPU and supports all the last-generation AMD Motherboard series.
- It belongs to Ryzen 7 Family.
- AMD AM4 Socket design with
- 8 Cores and 16 Thread design
- PCIe Express 4.0 technology
- 105W of TDP
- AMD 300, 400, and 500 series motherboard compatibility
- DDR4 128GB RAM support with a max speed of 3200 MHz
- Price $449
ALSO READ – Ryzen 7 5800X3D Review
2023 Gaming CPU List Highlights
- Best Worthy CPU- Intel Core i5 13600K ($321)
- Best Budget CPU- Intel Core i5 13400 ($221)
- Most expensive CPU- ($449, Not Worthy)
- Highest Base Frequency CPU- AMD Ryzen 5 7600X (4.7 GHz)
- Highest TDP CPU- Intel Core i5 13600K
- Highest L2 Cache CPU- Intel Core i5 13600K
- Both DDR5 and DDR4 RAM Support CPU- Intel Core i5 13600K and AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
- Only DDR5 RAM Support CPU- AMD Ryzen 7 7700X and Intel Core i5 13400
- Hybrid CPU Design- Intel Core i5 13400 (E cores and P cores can be boosted separately)
- CPU with 105W TDP Power Design- AMD Ryzen 7 7700X, 5800X3D, and Ryzen 5 7600
- 14 Cores Design CPU- Intel Core i5 13600K
- 16 Thread Design CPU- AMD Ryzen 7 7700X, 5800X3D, and Intel Core i5 13400
- Highest Thread Design CPU- Intel Core i5 13600K (20 Threads)
So this was all about Our Top 5 Picks of Best CPUs for Gaming in 2023. If we have missed anything, let us know in the comments below.
That’s All, Folks!
Alapan, Editor at Xombied and Techuda, is a biomechanical Engineer education-wise. But he wanted to go ahead with his life and pursue his career as both Gaming and Tech Reviewer. He is occasionally invited to host, plan and execute Gaming events with multiple brands. Apart from gaming, he loves playing guitar and singing along to the music.